Hulk 2 in Development for '06 Release
Tuesday, November 4 2003
Posted on Newsarama
The following was originally posted on Newsarama:
MARVEL RELEASES Q3 2003 NUMBERS
Marvel today released its third quarter results for 2003, and once again raised its financial guidance for fiscal 2003. For the three month period ended September 30, 2003, Marvel reported net income of $63.2 million and showed growth in licensing and publishing. Part of Marvel’s strong third quarter was helped by a one-time cash gain of $31.5 million.
The profit shown by Marvel translates into $0.85 a share. The $31.5 million, one-time gain came from a tax adjustment of an asset on Marvel’s balance sheet. Excluding this gain, Marvel’s profit was still $0.43 a share, beating the Wall Street estimate of somewhere between $0.31 and $0.41 a share. Marvel reports having net cash of $60.2 million.
Last year at this time, Marvel was reporting a $6.7 million profit, or $0.17 a share.
Marvel’s report also listed its upcoming film releases:
The Punisher Artisan Entertainment April 16, 2004
Spider-Man 2 Sony/Columbia July 2, 2004
Blade 3 New Line Cinema August 12, 2004
Man-Thing Fierce/Artisan August 26, 2004
Fantastic Four Fox December 24, 2004
Films/characters in active development, according to Marvel, include:
X-Men 3 Fox Film
The Hulk 2 Universal Pictures Film
Namor Universal Pictures Film
Elektra New Regency / Fox Film
Iron Man New Line Cinema Film
Ghost Rider Sony Film
DeathLok Crystal Sky/ Paramount Pictures Film
Other topics mentioned by Arad included:
- Spider-Man 2 just completed principle photography
- Iron Man is targeted to be a PG-13 release and on target for a ’05 release.
- Elektra, which is in current development, will be the “sequel” to Daredevil, with the character first appearing there, and then be reunited with Daredevil in Daredevil 2.
- Marvel is “feverishly” working on Fantastic Four with Fox, and that the studio has it on it's schedule for December 2004.
- Hulk 2 is in development for an 06 release. Arad reported that 6.5 million DVDs shipped for the release, and 3.5 sold within seven days.
- Namor is in active development.
- Arad said that X-Men 3 is in development, but neither Marvel or Fox is willing to tentetively put it on the schedule yet, for either 05 or 06 release.
- Arad reported that Captain America is in discussion with top writers and directors, now that litigation surrounding the character has been resolved.
- Arad said that the production budget for Punisher was in the upper $30s, while the marketing budget will most likely be in the mid $20s (millions).
-Finally, Arad said that he should be able to release more information about upcoming Marvel film projects closer to the November 18th analysts' call.
This is an unofficial fan site and is in no way affiliated with the production of the movie, and all pictures and other material are not intended to infringe on any copyrights owned by Universal Pictures and Marvel Comics. All original content & design Copyright © 2007 GammaStorm.com